Home of the CarolinaBee-line of Queens & Nucs
Sadly, for 2018, we will not be offering honey bees for sale. This is a rebuilding year.
CarolinaBee Queens and Nucs
From our breeding program, available May - August
NOTE: We are not producing Nucs this year
Our CarolinaBee line of queens and 5-frame nucleus colonies have been genetically selected over the years for survivability.
- Availability: CarolinaBee queens and 5-frame nucleus colonies only offered in May, June, July, and August.
- Important Note: We do not frame swap with nuc purchasers.
The bulk of our CarolinaBee genetics come from Italian honey bees with a healthy infusion of feral stock — honey bees adapted to our region, North Carolina1. In the end, our bees are mutts, which we think is a good thing . We are not so reliant upon strict pedigree. We are reliant on behavior and performance.
3lb Georgia Packages (w/queen)
We have packages for sale!!! Sourced from Georgia, available every May.
The Carolina Bee Company does not currently produce packages of its own. For our customers convenience we supply a limited number of 3lb packages for sale that we obtain from a high-quality, reputable breeder in GA. We also incorporate a few of these packages ourselves into our genetic stock. These bees are of Italian and Carniolan stock.
Availability: We offer Georgia Packages for sale for delivery on only one day per year.
For 2017 that pickup day is May 7th
The Carolina Bee Company Difference
* Customer service: The quality of our queens is guaranteed2.
* From of toxic chemicals: In line with our Certified Naturally Grown status and principles.
* Regionally selected: As adapted to our region1 as possible.
* Genetically diverse: We bee trade with other breeders to improve our stock3.
Reserve bees online via the link above or call our Carolina BeeLine.
- North Carolina and surrounding states -- Emphasis: the North Carolina piedmont and coastal plains.
- Our Carolina Bee Company produced Queens are guaranteed until the colony overwinters. Overwintering success involves so many variables that we can not extend a guarantee beyond the 1st productive year of a queen. We also do not guarantee against losses due to beekeeper error (of course). Note: this guarantee applies only to our personally produced queens, not to any packages we resell from GA.
- With an emphasis on beekeeping operations that follow our principles as closely as possible.